Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Eve

Ok, so I stayed up all night in front of Office Depot to get a great deal on a laptop. It's not like I should be spending the money, but with my old computer no longer working (some of you know why, or rather who is the cause. Haha) I was either going to spend some money on my old computer or get something new.

I had looked at the Black Friday deals. And kept eyeing the $350 laptop at OD. When I saw an article on the front page of Yahoo.com I pretty much thought the hype was so much for this deal, that there was no way I was gonna get it.

So I wasn't going to do it, but after heading home from Mom's place at 11:00pm I had to go to the market and decided why not, I'll just drive by. Stopped home, got a second jacket, a soda, and headed to OD. What a Surprise!! Only 7 ahead of me. So, decided to stay. 1/2 an hour into it I thought "man, this is going slow" hahaha. But what I learned was:

• Bring something to sit on.
• Something to read or listen to. (thank god for my iPhone)
• Be friendly to the ones in line with you.
• Bring something to eat and drink, but not too much. Remember there are no bathrooms on the street.
• Don't let anyone cut line or think they can stay in their car while thinking they are in line. (yes, we had a jerk on our line. Lucky was right after me, cus I would not have let him do that)
• And if things don't go your way, voice your opinion and voice it loud.

Hope this helps anyone that might be thinking of waiting in line to buy something the night before.

Thanks for reading,
Luis Sinibaldi

No comments: