Monday, December 1, 2008

Calendars and To Dos

In my effort to become more organized and productive, I've been researching software that will help me do this. So far, I've signed up at:
I really like Toodledo for a To Do application. I've signed up for a whole year to get the extra features. (it was only like $12 for the year) I like how it lets you prioritize your tasks as  you input them and then you can list all your task by priority. When I have a huge list of things to do, I always find it difficult to sort which one is more important. But when I'm inputting the task, it seems easy for me to put a deadline, an importance level, etc.. Then when I look at the whole list in priority view and most of the tasks are set up the way I should be tackling them.
Also, there is an iPhone App for Toodledo. (I'm really trying to be able to use my iPhone to the max)

Wrike, I'm still just getting used to. This is mainly for collaborating with Mark and Tim, my partners. I think it will be a great tool for all of us to be on the same page.

As for Google Calendar, I just switched over to it, and I really like it. For some reason it just seems visually simple and intuitive. (not sure why Outlook doesn't feel the same to me?) One other thing I figured out was how to sync my Google Calendar to my Calendar on my iPhone without being plugged in. For outlook, I needed and exchange server, (which I wasn't about to set up) or I needed to plug in my phone to my computer. Fortunately, I found this http://www.ianfernando.com/2008/sync-google-calendar-with-iphone-3g/ so try:
for an easy way to sync your iPhone with your Google Calendar.
One other added bonus, there is a way to integrate Toodledo with Google Calendar. (only on the web version of Google Calendar that is) Its not like it imports the items directly on the calendar, but it gives you a drop down menu of your task. If they could combine Toodledo with Google calendar, where you could drag and drop your tasks into the calendar, this would be ideal. But so far, I like it very much.

That's it for now. Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks for reading,
Luis Sinibaldi

2 comments:

Fat Monster Films said...

Nice to find your blog, partner. How about posting some pics? At least of the cats anyway. ....

The documentary I was watching on NETFLIX was "Storm Over Everest." I think it was actually produced for PBS as part of their "Frontline" series. I'm about halfway through it and its incredible with some great footage and extraordinary interviews from the climbers who went through the ordeal.

siniarch said...

Its an honor to have you post on my blog. Just getting started with this blog thing.
I'll have to see that documentary.
The one I was talking about was this one.
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/everestbeyond/everestbeyond.html?dcitc=w99-502-ah-0088